I tried this recipe out today and it turned out pretty darn tasty! So I thought I would share. This is a very filling dip too so this would be the perfect dip if you were only serving finger foods.
I did add a small amount of chopped onions (in place of onion powder) and jalapenos for a little extra kick. Says it serves 15 but that depends on how much they chow down so I would say a bit less than that.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Dash of salt, pepper and onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, optional
- 2 16-oz. jars salsa (hot or mild as you like)
- 15-oz. can refried beans
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Brown ground beef. Drain. Add salt, pepper onion powder, and minced garlic.
- Combine beef, salsa, beans, sour cream and 2 cups of cheese in slow cooker.
- Cover. Heat on Low 2 hours. Just before serving sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
I tell ya, this was tasty with chips and a Lime flavored Jones Soda! Ahhh….