I finally got the pictures up from when Rambo came to visit. I had most of these on facebook but I added a few more here on my flickr account.
So I don’t really watch the local news much as most of it is really a bunch of garbage. I focus more on the national news. But tonight I had it on and these were just some of the stories….
1) Car on fire in a grocery store parking lot. Nothing new, just a random car on fire here folks.
2) 911 caller was arrested because she was banging on her boyfriend’s door and being disorderly. So the police came and told her to leave or be arrested, so she called 911 to say the police department was being rude. *snort* What a jackass. So they arrested her for misuse of the 911 emergency number.
3) Then some 16 year old boy broke into his neighbor’s house and stole 20 bras and 33 pairs of panties from his neighbor. Ummm…. What is more disturbing, the boy stealing panties or that this broad had 33 pairs?
4) Then they shared some story out of the Denver airport of a woman who stripped down completely naked after she was told to put out her ciggy. They carted her off to the hospital to be evaluated.
5) And then a new high school opened in the valley that… get this… caters to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender kids. I’m sorry but are you serious??? I have no issues with people who are gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender. Your business is your business and you are who you are, but to give “special” treatment or “special” schools IS NOT OK. Let’s separate people even more right? So what, gays are allowed to go to a public school but straights won’t be able to go to the gay school? Man… seriously? I’m sorry but that bugs me. Having “special rights” divides us more!!!!! And… it discriminates against all others.
6) A health alert of some weird thing called Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever is showing up in our state and 11 people have died from it. Nice.
7) And this gem… What kind of cars do cheaters drive? Toyotas (men) and Hondas (women). Because you know, something like that is so newsworthy and good to know.
Yes my Rambo finally got to come and see me on his 15 days of leave from Afghanistan. It was soooo nice to have him here and get to spend time with him. I’ve missed him so much! It was such a long flight for him and I know he was weary from it. He was actually on the very last R&R flight coming in and flying out of the Dallas airport. The flights going forward will be coming and going from Atlanta, GA. It was a big deal and on the news when his flight arrived in Dallas because of the welcoming volunteers. They greeted every single flight coming in with troops since the start of the wars. He got to meet the medal of honor winner who was there as well. Here is the video of them coming in and here is the video of them leaving the other day. He’s not in the videos sad to say but he was on that flight.
We did a lot of eating out, dinner with my parents a few times, caught a Spring Training game at the Peoria Stadium, went to the Renaissance Festival, walked around Westgate, walked around old town Glendale, went to the park in Peoria, and enjoyed a drive and stay in Sedona where we did the famous Pink Jeep Tour. Then of course there were days we just stayed in and relaxed and caught a movie at home.
It was nice to see him smiling and laughing and being able to relax. They don’t get ANY days off in their war deployments. I think my favorite things we did was going to Sedona but I’m guessing his favorite thing was making a few trips to the Cost Plus World Market store! Haha This way he could get candy, soda and beer from different countries including Aussie Licorice. I know he misses his home country’s eats and treats.
Now that he is gone, I have to say it blows. I miss him and the weekend has been dull without my guy. Thankfully he only has a few months left and will be returning to Texas.
I’ll be posting pictures of his visit on my Flickr soon.